Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Morningstar Farms


Do you enjoy Morningstar Farms frozen meatless products. Me too! Are you opposed to Genetically Modified Soy? Yep, I second that too. Do you know that some of Morningstar's products contain GM soy? Sorry...I never like to be the bearer of bad news. (especially if your day has been going well so far)

The good news?  There are a handful of their products which do contain organic soy. I called the company and following is the ORGANIC soy list which they gave me.

Breakfast Sausage Links
Classic Burger
Roasted Herb Chicken Patty
Tex Mex Burger
Veggie Medley Burger
Vegan Burger
Zesty Tomato Burger

It really is too bad (IMNSHO-In My Not So Humble Opinion) that they cannot convert to all non-GM soy. I happen to love their Grillers, as well as the sausage patties and bacon. -nothing like a BLT after all, especially in the summer months. and my girls love the chicken nuggets. 

Call me crazy, but I think it's a sad day in our world when the very food which is supposed to nourish us is tampered with at the genetic level with chemicals.

So, there it is. And here's something else. A very interesting article from Grist magazine regarding soy that is bio-engineered, Why it is (apparently due to Roundup, the pesticide/herbicide) resistance. 


I Welcome your comments, and any 'roundup' of our own call to action toward Morningstar which may compel you. I am game, just need a little rallyin' these days. 

Cheers
;-)



No comments:

BLOG ARCHIVE

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a SAHM and artist with 4 year old twin girls. I have created things ever since I can remember. From printmaking to collage to mosaics, my creative pursuits have run the gamut. After about 6 months of babyhood times 2, I knew I had to get back in touch with my right brain -for sanity sake! After a short search I found polymer clay. I have been hooked ever since..

Vintage Rising