Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tales of Irony


Yes, today's topic: Irony.  

When I was six years old, (back in the early 70's) my parents bought a couple of acres in northern New England. This was to be our vacation retreat. A place for my father to write and recharge, and the rest of us to commune with nature and enjoy the getaway from the rat race of suburban life. 

My parents found a local builder to build us our new home away from home, which was to be a modified A-frame. (remember this was the 70's, LOL!) I remember one day driving to the builders house so my dad could talk to him. As my mother and I sat in the car, I noticed the builders house. Not only was it in need of a paint job, the roof was in need of major repair. I remember it striking me as such an odd thing. To create new homes for others, while living in a not so updated one of one's own. Hmm...

As some of you know, I am a mom of twin 3 year old girls. My darling little Leslie and Alyssa are the apples of my eyes. I am also a poly-clay artist. My passion lies in designing unique hair and body jewelry.  

So why one may ask do my kids walk around with boring hair ties and non-descript hair clips? And hair accessories, me? I have had a bad hair day my whole life! Yes, there is something about the irony that feels 'familiar'. Perhaps I internalized this "do for others not necessarily yourself" as the norm? Well,rather than get brain drain trying to psychoanalyze it, I do realize that it's time for a change. Afterall, change is good. 

So... the time has come that I use my darling gals as models. Drumroll please for my newest line of hair accessories for the younger set. Stay tuned next time for pics. of my little she devils wearing as they say "mommy made dis?" items. As always, your comments are welcomed!

Cheers!;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved your observation about Tom Dorman. Never thought about that.

Just talked to you on the phone but will reiterate what I said. You have real talent for writing!!

BLOG ARCHIVE

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a SAHM and artist with 4 year old twin girls. I have created things ever since I can remember. From printmaking to collage to mosaics, my creative pursuits have run the gamut. After about 6 months of babyhood times 2, I knew I had to get back in touch with my right brain -for sanity sake! After a short search I found polymer clay. I have been hooked ever since..

Vintage Rising