Friday, July 10, 2009

Free

♥ Etsy Fave of the Day ♥

A very freedom loving fairy .·´¯`·.ォ.·´¯`☼
-by Susan Rodio

Hey All-

Hope you're having a great day or night, and feeling free!

Free you ask? That's "different" you may be thinking...

Well really. Isn't that basically what it all comes down to? To find our 'state of bliss' that is... Free of stress, Free in your relationships, Free to say as you please, Free, just FREE!!

Well I had REAL freedom this week. My girls went to stay with their grandparents for 4 days. The anticipation leading up to it was exciting in and of  itself! No messes to clean up over and over -Wowza! Ooh and all the projects I'd get done! From my neglected yard to my fantasy of claying for 24 hours straight AND uninterrupted! (except for a brief 7 hours or so to sleep) So I made a list. A very l-o-o-n-g 'TO DO' list.

Yeah well.. there are plans, and then there are days. like. yesterday. I didn't count on a bad mood to be part of the scenario while completing my 'list' . The frustration started slowly then snowballed, turning into one of 'those' days. The kind like Tom Petty frets "you just work so hard and nothing seems to come from it". 

We had tickets to go to the theater. (a somewhat rare event) My husband got an earful in the car as I complained and bemoaned the trials and tribulations of SEO. I knew that my mood was ruining our long awaited night out, so I resolved to stop talking or thinking about my day.

Well suffice it to say, it was good to get out. As I sat there in the old amphitheater being transported back in time watching Shakespeare's 'Tempest' -something suddenly dawned on me. The freedom I was so desperately hoping for these few childless days, was being seriously hindered by my thoughts. Who the he** else cares if my closet doesn't get re-organized by Friday? I had actually created my own prison by being rigid and setting hurdles that were just a tad too high. No, you know what? They were WAY too high for a tired mommy who needs at least some REAL downtime.

So did I get everything done? No, of course not. That list was an ideal. But the good news is I accomplished about half of what I intended. And my 24 hour clay time? Well, 4 out of 24 is okay for today. Right now I'm desiring a hot bath, silk pj's and bed. 

Aah... Freedom!

;-) Cheers!

2 comments:

HDRose, a very gilty girl said...

So glad to hear that you were able to enjoy that precious time with your husband and get your own batteries recharged. We had no relatives close by when our kids were little and as a result very little couple time. It's so important!!! Your man will still be there when the girls are gone off and you'll be in the habit of being free together. Wheeeeee!!!!

Susan Rodio Art said...

Thanks for featuring my fairy painting for this entry, and it was nice to discover your blog, your writing is enjoyable to read.

I think you make a brilliant point too, that the way we think is creating our reality. You chose to let your worries go so that you could enjoy the moment and you did!

BLOG ARCHIVE

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a SAHM and artist with 4 year old twin girls. I have created things ever since I can remember. From printmaking to collage to mosaics, my creative pursuits have run the gamut. After about 6 months of babyhood times 2, I knew I had to get back in touch with my right brain -for sanity sake! After a short search I found polymer clay. I have been hooked ever since..

Vintage Rising